Friday, December 5, 2008

Do I Dare?

Okay, so we've been struggling with the desicion of getting a puppy for Rylie for Christmas (shhhh to those who see Ry), well for me too cuz I really want one, but I'm pretending it's mostly for the kids. But I just don't know if I'm ready for the commitment, am I crazy? We had a dog before, and it didn't have a good ending so I just don't know what to do. My kid's would love it, they LOVE animals, we have a cat that comes into our backyard to play, and they go crazy, my daughter tries to hide her and keep her, they just love it (Kade says no cats). So I really think they would love it if we got one, and how cute would that Christmas morning be? But they are so much work, what do I do??????

7 comments:

Carsen and Lesina said...

that is one hard decision my kids want a dog too. you know they will have the biggest smiles on their faces, but it is a lot of work. good luck with that one. send me your email at ldriffill@hotmail.com and i will send you an ivite since i went private.

Jess said...

Dogs are hard work! But my kids love our dog. SO I don't know.....

Lindsey R said...

I think you totally should! I want to get one for Colby but Michael feels the same way as Kade, he says no way! I think they are so good for kids to have! That's so funny that Rylie trys to hide the neighbors cat...she's so cute!

McKinna said...

that is the ultimate gift for lil' kids- so cute & to see their faces on Christmas a.m.! They are tonz of work though.. I can't stand ours right now. 2 of the muts. But Dev LOVES the dogs!!

The Foisy's said...

I'm not sure you want me to go there! Just kidding if you do get a dog and it's an inside dog, make sure you have some one who can watch it when you go out of town! That was the biggest pain in the butt for us. Ugh, we always had to have some one take the dang thing!

Tammy K said...

DO IT! EXCEPT...if it is an indoor dog, until they are trained it is like having a baby at night. At least ours were. He would 'cry' at night because he was scared/lonely. We would get up because we wanted him to know not to cry unless he was needing to go outside...it was a long couple of months :) but your kids would totally love it!

M and L Keetch Fam said...

Cute family pictures! I love having a dog! But I have a small little "lap" dog (a poodle) which isn't as much work as a big dog would be. It's like having another child. They are a lot of fun... but they do take some work at the beginning to potty train.