Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Merry Christmas!

The newest member of our family, Kya.
So we decided to do it, we got a puppy. She is a 7 week old brindle boxer. She has been a lot of fun, the kids love her. It is definitely a lot of work though, I felt like I had a new baby, but I'm getting used to it now.

Rylie was so surprised! we woke up early, put the puppy in a box under the tree, and I thought her crying would wake Rylie up, it didn't so we went in and said, Rylie you have a box under the tree and it's making weird noises, come see. So right when we came in Kya popped the top of the box and jumped out, so cute! What she really wanted for Christmas was tinkerbell's real magic, which she had all sorts of plans for (that's what she asked santa for) but she hasn't complained about not getting that. She did say, "maybe santa should of brought us a puppy that didn't bite".





Kyler wanted santa's left overs, that's what he was most concerned about. He's looking around to see if anyone's watching him.














We had a great Christmas. Christmas eve we always go to a family party with my family, and my aunt and cousins, we had a great time. We live in the same town but never get to see each other, so it's always fun to get together with them. It's turning into a pretty big group now that we're all getting married and having kids, but that makes it even funner!
On Christmas morning we do our own thing, we open presents and make a big breakfast. The kids had such a fun morning cuz of the puppy and Kyler really liked opening his and everyone else's presents that I had been trying to keep him out of for weeks. Then we go over to my parent's and exchange gifts, and then to Kade's parents to exchange gifts. Then we come home for awhile and then go back to Kade's parents for Christmas dinner. It's kind of a crazy busy day for us, but we're totally spoiled with gifts and food all day. It's great to be loved!





















7 comments:

McKinna said...

YAY!! She is such a beautiful puppy Meg! congrats on her! ;) it is like having another baby, huh?! I bet the kids were soooo excited when they say her- how cute she popped outta the box to! LOVE IT! you have great pics up too!

Carsen and Lesina said...

What a cute cute puppy. Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas. I too love it when you have to attend so many family parties.

The Foisy's said...

What a cute puppy! Good luck with that! Just kidding you'll do great! Looks like you guys had a blast! How's work going?

M and L Keetch Fam said...

That is such a cute family picture! Where did you have them taken at? Cute puppy too! The kids probably love her to death.

Lindsey R said...

I'm so glad the dog is working out for you guys! I bet Rylie is lovin it! I kinda wish I would of stuck it out longer before we took ours back. It was so fun on christmas eve to sit and talk with you guys! It would be fun to go to dinner one night.

Skye said...

Hey meg it was good to talk to you this morning i thought i would checkout your blog before i forgot the link! You guys are such a beautiful family and i love the pup i have always wanted a boxer! looks like you christmas was good so fun with kids. And i am glad they got to play in the snow!!! keep in touch! thehowicks.blogspot.com
-SKYE

Kristen said...

Meg! I can't believe I randomly came across your blog. I'm so happy about it too! Your family is so freakin cute. Seriously. My blog is private, but send me an email and I'll add you so you can see mine too! I'm so excited to be able to keep up with your lives now! Tell Kade hi.

Kristen (Cox) Lotz
http://lotz-family.blogspot.com