Friday, November 14, 2008

Rylie & Kyler's Birthday

On Saturday we celebrated Rylie's 5th and Kyler's 1st birthday. It was a friend party and since Rylie has more boy friends than girl friends we couldn't do a girly party, so we had a pirate party. It was a lot of fun. We had it at the park and the kids painted treasure boxes, put on fake tattos and played and then Rylie "found" a treasure map that led them to a hidden treasure box. I of course got to be the pirate that took them on their treasure hunt. They found the treasure chest in no time and got to fill up their painted treasure boxes with the treasure that was in the chest. It was a really fun party, I hope the kids had as much fun as I did! I spaced my kids out by 4 years and then they ended up 3 days apart! So this is a really busy/expensive time of year for us. They will probably get shared birthday parties their whole lives. I wanted to post more pics but my computer was being too slow.














10 comments:

Christin said...

I cannot believe that she was born 5 years ago! That went by too fast, I'm sure you agree.

McKinna said...

oh how cute! Dev would have loved a pirate party! his cousin had one in July, and he is still talkin about it till this day! Your party sounded like lotsa fun! Your a great mama to those kiddos! ;) Thats funny they ended up being only 3 days apart.

Shauni Kaye said...

What a cute idea! I am sure they had a blast. Yes, I will definately let you know when I find out what I am having. I think I have your cell number so I will text you along with everyone else:)Happy Birthday Rylie and Kyler:)

Sandy said...

What a fun mom you are! It looks like they had fun birthdays...I can't believe Rylie is 5 already! Time just goes by too fast sometimes!

Tammy K said...

oh, your an awesome momma!

Carsen and Lesina said...

meg your a cute pirate. my nephew had a pirate party. so i know they are so much fun for kids. i loved the whole pirate theme. your kids are so cute.

Lindsey R said...

What a cute idea to do a Pirate Theme Party! Rylie looks so cute dressed up and you do too! I can't believe Kyler is 1 and Rylie is 5! WOW...Time flies bye!!! Your kids are sooo cute Meg!

M and L Keetch Fam said...

What a fun party! That's funny that your kids are 4 years, almost to the day, apart. 3 of my kids have birthdays in May, and they have had all their parties together except 1. They hate it, but I LOVE IT!

McDuffie Family said...

So, you are beyond creative! what a cute cute cute idea.....I think I wanted to be invited! I'm glad you found us! YOur kids are adorable as well and you are gorgeous as always! Fun to see you!

Tarinelli said...

That looks like such a fun birthday. I bet Rylie loved it! I'm excited to be part of your family!!! Someday we'll end up in St. George, Lucky will love to have cousins her age to play with!